Thursday, May 04, 2006

Officially, the date is upon us...

Later today, I may become a Dad.

Let that just sink in for a minute.

Later today, I - may - become - somebodys - DAD. Father. A parent.

How competely irresponsible? Creed set me off, "With Arms Wide Open" came into my iTunes rotation, and I caught myself "zoning out", mentally focusing on the lyrics (I'm big on lyrics):

(...)
Well I don't know, if I'm ready
To be the man I have to be?
I take a breath, I take her by my side
We stand in awe; we've created life!

With arms wide open, under the sunlight
Welcome to this place, I'll show you everything
With arms wide open, now everything has changed
I'll show you love, I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open
(...)


This sums my feelings up pretty nicely. I don't feel...mature enough? - old enough? - to be a father yet? But then again, I don't think you're ever ready...you just have to jump out - sort of like what I imagine sky-diving must be like? *grins*

Well then: this is me, grabbing my humour and my positive mind, and setting off on some more thesis-pounding, all while seriously crossing all extremities that I do not become a parent before I father this bloody thesis!!! :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey congratulations - DAD! Say hi to Mum and Bebe from somebody none of you has ever met, but is rooting for you from the other side of the North Sea :)

4/5/06 16:00  
Blogger Atrejù said...

Thanks C! :-D Will post as soon as the baby's out, no fear! Can't wait to meet this new person...it's the strangest thing...

Thanks for being you! :-D

4/5/06 16:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arty, all I know is you're going to be the bestest Dad. With all the love and devotion you and your wife have to give, that's going to be one lucky little one you're going to have.

I'm so excited for you!

4/5/06 23:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*everything crossed* Arty, you're a wonderful person, ergo you'll be a wonderful father....

7/5/06 13:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home