Thursday, August 10, 2006

About time for an update, no? ;-)

Wow. Summer came, summer went - and not many blog-post from yours truely. Some people I guess would say "Good on you! - get offline for a while, live life!"

But the truth of the matter is, I haven't been that offline: in Cannes, there's WLAN in the appartment, and now that I'm back in Denmark, the old DSL is in place...so what have I been doing? I've been parenting! Dang those little guys take up a lot of time! *grins* And we're two parents, doing the parent-thing full time (yeah, yeah - living off the trust fund, you know how it is...*grins*) - and it's killing us?? Between us, he takes up the entire day: quite a feat for someone not yet 3 months old? The days seem to be taking each other by the hand and skipping off into the sunset before we even realize they're here...? Very, very unpleasant - especially when you have a tonne of stuff to do, and no time to do it in already. But when he looks like this, you tend to forgive a lot:

(He's started scratching himself in his sleep? Gives himself some nasty gashes - so now, he wears gloves to sleep. Looks incredibly cute. Must photograph it one of these days. *grins*)

But back to me: I'm a Master of Science! Yay me! :-D Passed with an average grade (what I expected from 9 weeks of work, I must admit), but with many, many cudos from both my teach and the censor: they actually told me I could have gotten an A if I'd spent a full 6 months on it. Oh well. I'm fine and happy - and now the proud owner of an M.Sc. in Business Management and Computer Science. And now, looking for a job. So if any of you know of any jobs, please do let me know! *grins*

The family-situation has taken a new and exciting twist: the sister-in-law has told us that she has photographs (and now videos too?!?) of her husband cheating on her...and she still chooses to stay with him??? And when I say cheating, I mean cheating: there must be at least 15 different girls in the pictures?!? So here's a little poll "for all the ladies in the house": if you found photos and videos of your husband cheating on you - would you tough it out, or would you divorce him? Add to the mix that you haven't lived in the same country for 8-9 years (and as an aside: that he has yet to send you a present on your birthday while he's lived abroad) - you still stay with him? Let me hear your input.

But the family's had enough: both the girl and I + her parents are done. We're discussing how to let her know, but the fact of the matter is, that her husband is now persona non gratta for all future family events. And yes; this includes Christmas! Personally - and I'm not proud to say this - I hope she stays with him. Just for the hell of it? She's been with him this long, she seems to enjoy being hurt - let her live her life the way she likes? Only one thing: I don't want to see the guy, I don't want to hear his name, and I don't want him to be any part of my sons life, at any time, ever. For my part, I'm done with him - and her, if she chooses to stay with him. The only problem is her son: he's cute as buttons - and completely innocent. But he knows somethings awry: he's told his Mom as much. He even says he doesn't want to see his Dad anymore - how much clearer does it get from a pre-teen?!? But his Mom is oblivious... Man, I want to snatch up that kid and run with him! He's never had a father-figure in his life - and boy does he need one! Does he ever...

He's a good kid, all the way to the marrow of hiw bones, but he's got a defiant streak in him a mile wide, which comes into play when he's confronted with boundries of any kind, e.g. when given limitations by his Mom: he flat out refuses, and often times ignores her when asked to do stuff. And she doesn't know how to tackle it, so she does nothing. And then showers him with expensive gifts when she guilt-trips. I know, I know: it's so cliché! I'm living in a Danielle Steel novel for cryin' out loud! *grins* But I must admit that these photos and videos are the best thing that's happened in a while: I can't stand her...something about how she's just so weak just...irks me? So if she stays with her husband, and as such is more or less ousted, that's fine by me. More peace of mind.

But does that make me a bad person?

The comments are open - flame away. :-)

PS: hope you all had amazing summers, and got some R&R on- or offline as apropriate...*grins

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis-in-law has some real issues. I'm right there with you when you say maybe she should stay with him because she seems to enjoy this kind of thing, but to be honest she needs a load of therapy. It's unfair that her child has no father figure, much less a parental figure in the least--she's definitely not much of a disciplinarian and certainly doesn't win any awards for giving presents to him when she's feeling guilty. If anything, you'd think she'd wake up and see that her behavior is hurting her child (which is probably what makes me the sickest about the whole situation). But I think in order to do that, she'd need a lot of time with a psychiatrist and a set of divorce papers in her hands before I think it'll do any good. Doesn't she realize she's on the verge of alienating herself from everyone she might love? And for what? This guy's a no-load, lying, cheating S.O.B. I'm not quite sure what it is she's in love with, but it's certainly not worthy of her obsessive devotion.

There! That's my diatribe for the day. :)

I'm so glad you had a good time on your summer vacation. Mine is kinda-sorta gonna be right now. Tomorrow is my final exam and then this weekend I've a friend who's coming in to town. I go back to work on Monday and then am off again Tuesday. And the fall semester doesn't start until August 28th. So I'll have at least a little time to bury my nose in a few fabulous books and try new recipes and go see movies with friends! Yay!

((Hugs))

11/8/06 02:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell no, I wouldn't stay with him. I would sue for divorce and make him pay huge whopping alimony sums.

But that assumes I was a sensible creature. And your sister-in-law doesn't seem...sensible. It's sad.

Your son is *breathtaking*. Seriously. But you need to post an eyes-open pic!

11/8/06 03:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. That Youngun of yours just keeps getting cuter & cuter. Amazing. Name?

As for So here's a little poll "for all the ladies in the house": Infedielity to me, is not automatically a "Get divorced Get diractly divorced do not pass court, do not pay 200$" Offence. BUT they're not even living together?? Sheesh . What's the point? & that many times? Yeah, kick him to the curb.

Hope the rest of your summer is good.
*HUG*
PS Send me an email. I have something to send you...

17/8/06 21:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home