Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Some good news, and some fun old stuff

Hey gang,

it's been a while since my last post, but it's not like things have slowed down: I was asked to go to a job-interview with our favourite personal navigation solutions company on Thursday the 5th of October. Naturally, I said I'd love to go, and went! The interview went really well (at least that's what I thought), with me giving clear and to-the-point answers to any and all questions, all the while being myself, i.e. not "over-selling" myself in any way.

After the interview, I spent a couple of days trying to keep calm, telling myself that even though I thought the interview had gone great, I didn't know who I was up against - could have been the inventor of GPS navigation for all that I knew? So I kept calm, and went about the daily routines.

On Monday, they called and asked me how I thought I'd done. I told them straight forwardly that I had enjoyed the interview, and loved the fact that they saw the potential of my qualifications, and didn't label me "overqualified" straight out of the box. (In fact, at the interview, they aired some thoughts about using me more for training and less for actual retail visits, seeing as they saw a strong trainer-profile in me...how's that for changing the game to suit the applicant?!? *grins*)

After I'd told them how I felt, he went quiet for the gratuitous 2 seconds, before he uttered "Well - they want you!" I think I may very well have lost my balance a little... :-D Apparently, they shared my reactions to the interview & also had a good feeling about the chemistry, and would very much like me to start next week (i.e. Monday the 16th)!? Wow. So I'm employed I guess? :-D

However, I got a call Friday that they hadn't been able to align all the paperwork properly this past week due to an upcoming electronics expo in Stockholm eating up all of their resources, but that they would get back to me as soon as humanly possible! So again, I'm holding my breath, crossing my fingers that I don't get the "We've changed our minds"-call... I guess, in a sense, this is self-defense? I want to see the contract signed before I go ballistic? :-) So I'm still searching for other jobs, even though I haven't sent any applications since they told me they wanted me...

Phew - glad I got that off my keyboard. ;-)

In other news: the kid rolled around on his own for the first time yesterday!!! He was lying on the couch beside the girl, while I was on the phone with her in the car (en route to the postoffice), when suddenly she nearly dropped the phone in all the excitement!

"WOW! - HE JUST ROLLED OVER ON HIS OWN! ON HIS OWN, HONEY!?! I can't BELIEVE IT! Who's a very gifted young man? Who's a very gifted young man?! Ohhh Mommy's little boyyy!!" (you get the idea...)

She proceeded to max out the memory card in the camera with pictures and video of him attempting to recreate the feat - I will have to sift through the copious amounts of footage and post some here...

For now, here's a(n oldie but goodie!) video from our favourite American: Weird Al Yankovich!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, holy smokes! Congrats on the job...! Please update us once you know concretely that you're 100% hired so we can do some proper celebrating on TBW! :) I would totally ask for a high-five, but I can only offer maybe a high 2.5 since ideally I can't express complete congratulations until we know for sure everything is in place. But many hugs coming your way, and post those pics of the little guy soon, please! Congrats on him rolling over! Pretty soon he'll be sitting up on his own, and then crawling, walking, taking pop's sports car for a drive, getting married, and providing you with grandchildren (at least, I'm sure that's how it's felt to my mom and dad).

((Hugs)),
Amy

1/11/06 06:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. How how did it turn out?
I just celebrated? a year at my job, I know you'll do great.
We need more pics of little one & thanks for reminding me just how much I love Wierd Al.
*HUG*
Janis

3/11/06 21:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home