Monday, April 03, 2006

All's well that continues well

After about an hour, I reached the same conclusion Famous Amos did in her comment to the last post, swallowed pride, stupidity and oafishness, went upstairs to my wife, and told her I was a klutz, but that I had just been so angry? And that of course I would not let this schmuck get between the two of us as well - it's enough that he's almost gotten to her parents + fucked her sister up as well! No need to give him 3-in-a-row... *grins*

She warmed to me slowly, then we kissed and made up, and I fed her ice cream. It's amazing the loops and rolls married life will put you through - you go from thinking "divorce is just 'round the corner!" to thinking "oh my God, she really is the most wonderful woman on this entire planet...!" But to quote the great man himself:

That's life
That's what all the people say
You're riding high in april
Shot down in may
But I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top in June

I've been a puppet, a pauper,a pirate, a poet
A pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing
Each time I find myself flat on my face
I pick myself up and get back in the race

- Frank Sinatra, "That's Life"

So yeah - back in the saddle. Another hickup overcome. And for each hickup, we grow stronger, for every challenge faced, we are more closely entwined. And it's only been just over 3 years...in the end, they'll have to pry us apart...*smiles*

Thanks for your comments Amos - you are indeed a wise, redheaded pixie... (((hugs))) Ironically (?), iTunes is serving me Peter Gabriel "I Grieve", from the City of Angels soundtrack as I write this? There's no grief here - just a sense of elatedness that I managed to do "the right thing". I've made sacrifices for her, and will continue to do so. You're right Amos: it's what marriage, nay, life is about!

Hugs to all - posters and lurkers alike...*grins*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you came to the conclusion to side with your wife. I'd hate to think that gutless son of a bitch had come between the two of you when I *know* you love each other so much.

As for me being a wise pixie, I would say my common sense only extends to others' problems. I can't seem to make heads nor tails of my own. ;-)

4/4/06 06:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ain't that Always the way?

Good onya.

4/4/06 08:10  
Blogger Atrejù said...

Hehehe...well Amy, maybe you should try looking at your problems from the outside, as if they were someone else's problems? Just a suggestions. And yup Janis: so far it is And hopefully, it will continue to be! :-)

4/4/06 10:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home