Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sux

Didn't get the second job either... Maybe my inherent optimism got the better of me, but I was thinking I'd at least get an interview? But on the other hand, maybe they just had an internal pow-wow, and chose another candidate. Blows either way.

But the ray of hope in these shenanigans is the fact that they wrote in my rejection-mail: "We are sorry that you didn't get this job, but on the upside, we already see that we will need to hire additional staff within the next 2-3 months. In that capacity, we would like to keep your application on hand, with regards to evaluating it against the coming openings." - I'm assuming that "hold on to your application"-thing is standard, HR, "let-em-down-easy" BS, but I see hope in the fact that they're telling me they need more people within the next 2-3 months - to me, this is information they did not need to impart, and as such, a genuine expression of goodwill? Who's with me??? *grins*

Oh well - they can't keep me down! *smiles* To me, this whole job-application-thing is a lot like dating a girl who is potentially out of your league: you have to seem aloof and only just reachable, while on the inside you're screaming:

PICK ME! PICK ME! OHH PICK ME!
- I'm asking you with my brain!!!

Unfortunately, I was never really good at this. Hell, let's be honmest: I always sucked at this! I was the kind of guy who said, straight up and off the bat "I like you - I think we should see more of each other?"

Apparently, this approach can't be all bad though: look who I ended up with... :-)

Oh well - no more speculating I guess? So it's back to Mr Thesis, my old arch-nemesis... :-P

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never fear, dear with your winning personality, & enviable smarts you will soon land employment. Keep being optimistic. It sure as hell beats the alternative, & FWIW, I like the forthright approach. People play too many mind games, espically where affairs of the heart are concerned.
Keep being you.
*HUG*

5/4/06 06:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home